Sunday, December 10, 2006

Discovery No.453
`
I have fallen into the habit of going for long walks in the afternoon, while its still bright (I should rather say while it is still not dark, as I live only in darkness and semi-darkness these days in Helsinki). After aimlessly roaming around for one and half hour or so, I reach home after its dark. During one of these walks, I made one of my discoveries, which are neither useful nor informative for anyone, but are important as the discoverer in this case is very important.
`

It doesn't get dark easily after the sunset in the plains. In this regard, Helsinki is like Delhi, where the evening stretches on and on, long after the sun has set. Today I could often catch a glimpse of the bright blue sky behind the dark clouds, some 30 minutes after the official sun set time. In the mountains, however, it gets dark very fast. Moments after the Sun sinks below the horizon, darkness appears from nowhere, enveloping everything in its thick shroud.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ee discovery nijame sudhee...nuvvu cheppaka evadanna deenni abaddam ante champestaa vaanni.

S said...

why no 453?
is there any significance other thn its relation to ur roll no in flashback?

Sudhie said...

ivi kathala ivi kathala ani, inupa guggillu, methati gundrallu, aaku pacha kanneellu etc etc ani [:)]

Myriad Enigmas said...

hehe.. stories ani nenu cheppana.. sodhi lo bloglu chadavadam, sodhi lo commentlu raayadam..hmm

Myriad Enigmas said...

nothing, jus wanted a random number - so what better than my roll no. of four years?